Curriculum and Instruction Coordinator (for Science and Engineering)
The Curriculum and Instruction Coordinator (CC) is responsible for curriculum coordination for all science and engineering courses in the Virtual High School (VHS) course catalog, as well as faculty advising of all VHS science and engineering teachers. Curriculum coordination includes the monitoring and revision of existing courses as well as development of new courses, to reflect the latest approaches in online education as well as the latest scholarship in science and engineering topics.
The Curriculum and Instruction Coordinator is also a faculty advisor, responsible for supporting VHS science and engineering teachers on an ongoing basis to ensure courses are delivered according to VHS standards
In addition, the CC will have other responsibilities related to the Curriculum and Instruction team, such as facilitating online professional development webinars/courses for middle and high school teachers, developing hands on lab programs and pre- and post-assessments in science and engineering courses, or helping to identify, evaluate, test and/or implement the latest digital resources for science and engineering, learning management systems and other educational digital tools.
Curriculum Development and Standards Review
- Revises and/or manages revisions of existing science and engineering courses.
- Develops and/or manages development of new science and engineering courses.
- Stays abreast of latest advancements in science and engineering education.
- Ensures implementation of VHS policies, standards, and pedagogy in VHS courses.
- Works with the Curriculum and Instruction Team and VHS faculty to correlate courses to state and/or national standards.
Faculty Advising and Delivery Management
- Coordinates delivery of all courses in the subject areas.
- Monitors and mentors teachers to ensure high quality online, subject-specific instruction.
- Facilitates communication among teachers of the same disciplines and/or courses.
- Resolves issues related to daily operations of VHS online courses.
- Teaches VHS courses in area of specialty as a substitute and/or upon request.
- Works with the Administrative and Curriculum & Instruction Teams to generate conference topics, papers, proposals, poster sessions, and panel presentations as needed.
- Participates in other VHS projects and cross-team activities as required.
- Maintains proficiency in new platforms and programs as required.
- MA/MAT in Science, Education, Educational Administration or the equivalent.
- Current Secondary School Science Certification from any U.S. State Dept. of Education, or ability to become certified through the Massachusetts DESE.
- Five+ years’ experience teaching and/or coordinating science curriculum at HS level.
- Strong science background that includes experience across multiple science domains preferred.
- Experience teaching and/or coordinating engineering curriculum preferred.
- Extensive experience in online course development and facilitation preferred.
- Self-motivation, sound judgment, and the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work in a highly interactive team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work successfully on multiple projects at once.
This full-time, full-year position located in Maynard, MA includes a generous benefits package including: Life Insurance at two times annual salary, Long-term Disability and AD&D Insurance, 5 weeks of annual paid leave in addition to 12 paid holidays, employer retirement contributions, a flexible workplace, and the option to purchase employer subsidized pre-tax medical/dental benefits and enroll in a health and/or dependent care flexible spending account (FSA). Local applicants preferred; consideration will be given to highly qualified fully remote applicants as well.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources (Jane Gallagher).