We have provided professional development to thousands of teachers in our 20 year history. In fact, in 2009 the National Education Association (NEA) modeled its standards for online teaching on ours. We know how to teach educators, because we are educators. Our curriculum and instruction coordinators are certified classroom teachers who also happen to be great online teachers and mentors, too.
VHS is known for high-touch, customized service and support. We will partner with your school or district to customize a program that meets your unique needs. We believe that great educators are at the center of great education. Let us help you achieve more, enrich more, engage more - by using proven tools and techniques to supplement the already great work that you're doing.
Here are some of the ways:
- Professional development for teachers on online instructional best practices
- 1 hour training webinars conducted online, on a topic of your choice
- Half-day on-site workshop sessions
- Multi-day custom training conducted at your location or ours
- Graduate-level online course in Online Teaching Methodologies - how to teach effectively online
- Workshops on topics such as Digital Citizenship, Study Skills, or using Open Educational Resources
- Private sessions with your Administration on how to create an online program at your school
- Training for your guidance counselors on how to best add online courses in your program of studies
- Mentoring for your team on how to identify a good online course - what to look for and how to measure quality
- Working with your staff to measure your students' readiness for online learning - and the key factors that help determine success
- Training and resources for on-site mentors (site coordinators) to help them best support students taking online courses
Tell us what you need, we'll work with you to make it happen.