VHS Learning (VHS, Inc.) is a nonprofit organization that has offered online education services and support to schools around the world for more than 25 years. The mission of VHS Learning is to provide students and teachers with collaborative and engaging learning opportunities. The vision of VHS Learning is to prepare students to be successful in college, careers, and life.
We believe all students deserve equal access to quality educational choices that help them reach their fullest potential and that students learn best within a supportive, teacher-led, small-group environment. We believe collaborative learning and student exchange and interaction are essential for skills development in our global society.
The Technology Analyst reports to the Technology Services Manager, and is a member of the Technology team, whose responsibilities include providing stellar customer service and support, technical training, and providing technical support for our Learning Management System (LMS), Student Information System (SIS), and other systems as needed. Primary responsibilities of the Technology Analyst are evaluating and implementing courseware, developing best practices in the use of course tools and education technology, technical documentation creation and maintenance, and training faculty and staff on the use of course platforms and tools.
Typical duties of the position include:
- Evaluate and implement educational technology tools and related materials.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of course tools.
- Coordinate/Implement course improvements based on technology standards, quality benchmarks, and strategic initiatives.
- Provide professional development on educational technology to staff.
Technical Documentation and Training
- Assist with Knowledge Base maintenance, ensuring new help documentation is created as needed, existing documentation is reviewed and updated per the maintenance cycle, and outdated documents are archived.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of technical instruction and support documents within online professional development courses.
- Document processes and create standard operating procedures and workflows for new systems/processes.
- Provide courseware training and support for faculty and staff.
Technical and Customer Support
- Provide business analysis, testing, and support for SIS, course tools and learning management system upgrades.
- Respond to courseware support requests, with 24-hour turn around whenever possible.
- Provide support for course preparation at the start of each semester, as needed.
- Provide stellar customer service clearly and concisely by email, phone, and in person.
Research and Development
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of instructional technology in-house usage and industry trends.
- Research new courseware and developments in existing courseware.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks simultaneously to completion
- Ability to take business needs and user goals and translate them to solutions
- Ability to work in a highly interactive, hands-on, small-team environment
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, customer-first attitude and the ability to provide excellent service.
- Clear and concise written communication skills are a must.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions to complex problems/issues.
- Focused with attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with sound judgment and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Experience with Genius SIS, Salesforce, O365 and/or SharePoint a plus.
- Experience with online learning system course administration, specifically D2L's Brightspace a plus.
- Experience with accessibility standards and solutions.
- Experience working in an online education environment is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in technology services and/or business analysis preferred.
Starting Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 depending on level of experience.
BENEFITS: This full-time position includes a generous benefits package including life insurance at two times annual salary, long-term disability insurance, five weeks annual paid leave, retirement benefits, employer-subsidized pre-tax medical and dental benefits, and more.We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Carol DeFuria.