AP® Teaching Opportunities
VHS Learning (VHS, Inc.) is a nonprofit organization that has offered online education services and support to schools around the world for more than 25 years.
We believe all students deserve equal access to quality educational choices that help them reach their fullest potential and that students learn best within a supportive, teacher-led environment.
We are currently seeking experienced Advanced Placement® teachers who hold a valid teaching license to join us.
We are seeking to contract with teachers qualified to teach the following courses: AP® Calculus BC, AP® Statistics, AP® Computer Science Principles, AP® Computer Science A, AP® Biology, AP® Chemistry, AP® Economics, AP® Environmental Science, AP® Psychology, AP® Physics 1, AP® Physics C, AP® Chinese Language and Culture, and AP® Spanish Language and Culture.
Upon completion of training, teachers will be eligible to teach one (or more) course sections on a contracted basis, depending upon need.
Contracted teachers will be compensated with a per student stipend for each student enrolled in their course section receiving $318/student for each student (typically 25 students per course).
- Log in daily, Monday-Friday,
- Participate regularly in class discussions,
- Support student learning by clarifying content and answering questions,
- Complete grading in a timely fashion,
- Host virtual office hours to clarify content and support problem solving skills,
- Provide meaningful feedback on student work.
To be considered to teach with us, candidates must:
- Hold a valid high school-level teaching certification issued by a US state, MA, RI, or PA licensure is preferred,
- Possess strong written English skills and excellent communication skills.
Experience teaching the requested AP course is preferred.
All approved AP course content is already in place so teachers can concentrate on providing feedback, driving online discussions, and communicating individually and collectively with the students. Courses are primarily asynchronous, but teachers will offer one or two synchronous virtual classroom sessions each week. Students and teachers also interact with each other through online discussions within our learning management system (LMS). Teachers share feedback through the LMS gradebook and using video tools.
Online Teaching Methodologies (OTM)
Selected teachers will take our 4-week, graduate-level teacher training course at no cost. They are required to attend (and pass) OTM to qualify to teach with us. Only teachers who complete OTM are eligible to teach for this program. OTM:
- Follows the model of a VHS Learning course, so teachers experience the student perspective,
- Is collaborative, allowing teachers to learn with and from other educators,
- Allows teachers to explore the complete curriculum of the online course they are preparing to teach,
- Can be accessed and completed anywhere with a computer and internet connection,
- Takes approximately 10 hours per week and is free to teachers selected to teach for this program.
To learn more about VHS Learning, watch this video.